The Lancashire Hedgehog Care Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog in a bag.

2 posters

Go down

Hog in a bag. Empty Hog in a bag.

Post  Higster Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 pm

I was in the garden playing games with our bunny, Cloud, one afternoon when something started making odd noises in the conservatory. Tracked the sounds down to a twitching bag of Cactus Compost inside of which was a very grumpy hedgehog!
As the conservatory was quite hot I put it, bag and all, in one of the guinea pig runs with some dried mealworms, hedgehog food and water.
Cloud kept an eye on it until dusk, when he went off duty, but there was no movement reported.
My husband was a little baffled when he got home from work!
Took the run off as it was just going dark and there was no response, but checked later and the hedgehog was gone, as were the mealworms, but the 'proper' food was untouched!
A slightly more eventful afternoon than I'd planned, but a special encounter!

Higster

Back to top Go down

Hog in a bag. Empty Re: Hog in a bag.

Post  The Hedgehog Lady Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Higster and welcome,

Thanks for sharing that with us. Hedgehogs seem to be attracted to plastic bags of every sort! I have even known several hedgehogs over the years that have given birth in bags of compost that were stored in a shed / garage!

Could you let me know please if you have received the package I sent with the card items in.
The Hedgehog Lady
The Hedgehog Lady
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum