The Lancashire Hedgehog Care Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Amy doesn't want to eat.

2 posters

Go down

My Amy doesn't want to eat. Empty My Amy doesn't want to eat.

Post  Stratoss Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm

G'day, I'm sorry I had to come to ask for help this fast, actually I was looking for more information about my hedgie and came across this forum, Amy Rose has been with me for 2 years now and I've had so many experiences with her, she has cried at night suddenly but that was once, she got hanged from her quills since she likes to jump from her cage's stairs (she lives in a big ferret cage and she likes to jump from the first platform, as tall as Amy is still she got me worried for that) and she likes to sleep below her blanket all day and be active the whole night, but this last week she has been sleeping out of her blanket and it hasn't even been a warm seasson, also I've heard of those hunger strikes but today it makes a whole week that she hasn't eaten, maybe she does eat one or two pellets but her plate is still almost full. today she just drank half her usual ration of water, she moves just a little bit slower than usual but doesn't feel cold at touch (as in she's not hibernating) aaand just found a ball of her poo stuck into her fur, just gave her a bath and took it off.
Weird enough long ago when she started to eat other things I offered her cat food and since then she hasn't eaten any other things not even bugs and I thought she liked em a lot, this food I gave her is exactly the same as always but from a new bag, and she ate well for 2 weeks but this one she hasn't.

Please I would really apreciate some help, since there are no vets around with knowledge of hedgehogs, and I studied just half of the major for vet but... I dont want to risk myself on treating her, but if I have to I will.

Thanks for reading and for any information, it really will be most apreciated.

Stratoss

Stratoss

Back to top Go down

My Amy doesn't want to eat. Empty Re: My Amy doesn't want to eat.

Post  The Hedgehog Lady Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm sorry, but I cannot give advice on a pet hedgehog. You might be better registering on a pet hedgehog forum. There could be a number of things wrong. Food, temperature (pet hedgehogs do not hibernate), she might need worming, she may have an infection, she may have injured herself jumping from the platform. It could be any number of things. Sorry I can't be of more help.
The Hedgehog Lady
The Hedgehog Lady
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stratoss Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

No worries still thanks, also I will learn as much as I can while I'm here.

Stratoss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum