The Lancashire Hedgehog Care Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opinions please

2 posters

Go down

opinions please Empty opinions please

Post  dink Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 am

over the past couple of years there has been an increase in the number of hedgehogs coming through my door, i am expecting even higher numbers this year!!

i have been told i can apply to become a small charity (income under £5000), in your opinion is this the way forward??

The problems i am facing is obviously money, at the moment everything comes from my pocket! so if i have a hog that comes through my door that needs vets treatment, that money has to be available there and then! with increasing numbers its bound to become more frequent.
Also with higher numbers coming in, the majority of funds goes on food, which leaves me short to finish the hog shed.
I would like to do talks for education purposes, and have had a few inquiries but as i'm not a reg charity they lose interest.
Theres numerous over reasons, but i could be here all day Laughing
dink
dink

Back to top Go down

opinions please Empty Re: opinions please

Post  The Hedgehog Lady Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 am

Hi Jo, it all depends on a lot of things really as to how or if you would be better off becoming a reg charity. Yes, you will possibly attract more funding than not being registered, but you also have a lot more paperwork to do managing the accounts etc. My advice would be to get in touch with the Charity Commission or have a look at their website at www.charity-commission.gov.uk as all the info you need is up there. Might be worth bearing in mind too that if your charity earns more than £10.000 in a year then you must register as a charity. Hope that helps.
The Hedgehog Lady
The Hedgehog Lady
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum